Friday, December 15, 2006

Welcome to the new Lutheran Confessions Book Editor/Reviewer

Just in time for the holidays and the New Year, Lutheran Confessions will be hosting book reviews and comments from a guest reviewer, whose eponym will be "Books of Concord."

As an Advent update, the reading plan is going well. Putting structure around what I read when has helped shape how I read. I don't look through a stack of books wondering what I'll read next. Instead, I'm making my way back and forth from 1 & 2 Kings to Leithart's commentary, reading close and slow. Instead of reading being a desperate attempt to stay current and on top of "the reading list," a topic on which Qoheleth has a few things to say, I'm really living in one rich text.

I might also mention that I decided that my day off, Friday, was not subject to the Advent discipline. So I'm reading Richard Ford's The Sportswriter , in the hopes of reading his new Lay of the Land over the Christmas holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment