Sunday, November 25, 2007

Google Music: The National

Google Music: The National

Paste Magazine rated this the best album of 2007. I hadn't heard of it. On the other hand, some of my favorite albums were in the top 20. I've asterisked the ones I own and love, and put a ^ behind the ones I've heard on loan from the library but didn't fall for, and a ~ behind the ones that are on my Christmas list:

1. The National, Boxer
2. Arcade Fire, Neon Bible*
3. Bruce Springsteen, Magic
4. The White Stripes, Icky Thump^
5. Feist, Reminder
6. M.I.A., Kala^
7. Wilco, Sky Blue Sky* (my personal best album of the year)
8. Modest Mouse, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank^
9. Band of Horses, Cease to Begin~
10. Iron and Wine, The Shepherd's Dog~
11. Radiohead, In Rainbows* (got it through that cool deal on their web site, this is in my own estimation the 3rd best album of the year)
12. Avett Brothers, Emotionalism
13. Amy Winehouse, Back in Black
14. Loney, Dear Loney, Noir
15. Kanye West, Graduation
16. Ryan Adams, Easy Tiger
17. Josh Ritter, The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter
18. Miranda Lambert, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
19. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Living with the Living
20. Blonde Redhead

And my favorites that were in the top 50 but I thought should be higher:

Spoon, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (this should have been #2 overall)
Over the Rhine, Trumpet Child~
Derek Webb, The Ringing Bell*
The Shins, Wincing the Night Away* (should have been #4)

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any albums that should have made it into the Paste Top 50 that didn't...
12.
6.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and Arcade Fire ties Wilco for the #1 spot...

    ReplyDelete