Friday, January 08, 2010

Books I Plan To Read in 2010

Here's a list of what I've got on deck to read this next year, beyond what I need to read for a couple of classes I'm taking. I'd love to have other recommendations, or hear if anyone is reading these as well:

1. Wendell Berry and Religion: Heaven's Earthly Life
2. Standing by Words and Leavings (Wendell Berry)
3. Augustine: A New Biography (James O'Donnell)
4. The Magicians, Lev Grosman
5. Chronic City (Jonathan Lethem)
6. The Lacuna (Barbara Kingsolver)
7. Forgotten Ways Handbook and Untamed (Alan Hirsch)
8. Christianity and the Social Crisis (Rauschenbusch)
9. The Monstrosity of Christ (Zizek/Milbank)
10. Tale of Genji (Murasaki Shikibu)
11. Easter House and Rock Island Line (David Rhodes)
12. The Teaching of the 12 (Tony Jones)
13. Commentaries on Proverbs
14. Hannah's Child (Stanley Hauerwas)
15. The Deliverance of God (Douglass Campbell)
16. Christian Worship (Gail Ramshaw)
17. Rediscovering Values (Jim Wallis)
18. Plus get more time in reading the UBS Greek New Testament

3 comments:

  1. I've borrowed your idea and posted my own list: http://notashoutingchurch.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-2010-reading-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Man, we got to get together and talk about Berry! He's just so ... .

    I don't see any Robertson Davies. That's a "Lacuna."

    I was going over my desk yesterday and found reference to "The Lacuna." Guess it's on my list, too.

    Now, as a catholic evangelical, I'm not too keen on Gail Ramshaw.

    But I look forward to your comments on all.

    Dwight P(who can't remember his Blogger password!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried to read Robertson Davies a few times at the suggestion of friends, and have never been able to get into it. I don't know why...

    Thanks, Paul. Your list is very different from mine, but I'm inspired by your list!

    ReplyDelete