Sunday, September 26, 2004

Lutheran Quiz

So, you're given three minutes in which to explain Lutheranism to someone. Where do you begin?

If you had to choose one of the following words to center your explanation around, which of the two would you choose:

grace --or-- justification

And while we're on the subject, choose one word from each of the following pairs:

Jesus or Paul
Incarnation or Crucifixion
Justification or sanctification
Sovereignty or kenosis
Old or New Testament
Christology or Pneumatology
Apocalyptic or eschatological
love or faith
joy or freedom

I'll post my own responses in one week. Probably forced dichotomies, I know, but the first one on grace & justification sparked an interesting conversation the other day, I'll explain more after I get some responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment