Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Counting Heads by David Marusek

On a completely nerdy (but appropriately vacation-like) note, I'm reading a novel right now that makes me wish I was in some kind of sci-fi reading group. In fact, I'd almost recommend it for our more "literary" book group, wondering whether they'd go for genre fiction.

I've read sci-fi and fantasy novels off and on ever since high school-- when I was completely addicted to them-- and there are certain books that are just so amazing that I begin telling everybody about them until their eyes glaze over.

Counting Heads by David Marusek is such a book. The most appropriate comparison is to the work of of William Gibson, who, if you haven't read his books, are also worth spending a vacation and then some on.

David is himself a blogger. How interesting (and tiring?) it would be to be on book tour.

So, does anyone else love this kind of fiction as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment