Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fav Books 2007

In no particular order, here are my favorites at year end:

1. Little Heathens, Mildred Armstrong Kalish
2. The Nine, Jeffrey Toobin
3. The Chess Machine, Robert Lohr
4. The Yiddish Policeman's Union, Michael Chabon
5. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, Barbara Kingsolver
6. Halting State, Charles Stross
7. Radio Freefall, Matthew Jarpe
8. Spook Country, William Gibson
9. Exit Ghost, Philip Roth
10. The Forgotten Ways, Alan Hirsch
11. Unbinding the Gospel, Martha Grace Reese
12. We Are Here Now, Patrick Keifert
13. The Making of American Liberal Theology, Gary Dorrien
14. The Arrival, Shaun Tan
15. Snow, Orhan Pamuk
16. The Curtain, Milan Kundera
17. Theology the Lutheran Way, Oswald Bayer

I'm sure I've forgotten to list many that could be on here, but this is a good start. If there is demand, I'll write short comments on the above. I'll probably also do a separate listing for favorite children's and picture books...

No comments:

Post a Comment