Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Top 15 Albums of the Decade

This is a completely unscientific, subjective list of what may be the best 15 albums of the last decade. I compiled the list by looking through what I have in my piles of CDs and on the hard drive. I've probably over-looked a ton of great music, and the list doesn't include any jazz. Maybe that requires a separate list. Anyway, here goes:

15. Dr. Dog- Fate
14. Neko Case- Middle Cyclone
13. Calexico- Carried to Dust
12. M.I.A.- Arular
11. Robert Plant/Alison Krauss- Raising Sand
10. Sinead O'Connor- Theology
9. Thom Yorke- Eraser
8. Bob Dylan- Love and Theft
7. Iron & Wine- Shepherd's Dog
6. The Decemberists- The Hazards of Love
5. Wilco- Live in Chicago
4. Gillian Welch- Time (Revelator)
3. Radiohead- In Rainbows
2. Rickie Lee Jones- Sermon on Exposition Boulevard
1. The National- Boxer

1 comment:

  1. Nice choice on National's "Boxer". Definitely a great album.

    ReplyDelete