Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Which Bible Should I Get? A Jocose Set of Vlogs

Getting the Right Bible for the Great Conversation at St. Olaf College 2013-15 from Gregory Walter on Vimeo.

Which Bible Should I Get? from Clint Schnekloth on Vimeo.

Response to Which Bible Should I Get? from Jacob Erickson on Vimeo.

Record your own, tweet it (tagging @Schnekloth), and perhaps I'll edit this post to include yours as well.

This response from Greg was posted the next day:

OOO Bible from Gregory Walter on Vimeo.

Then I added this one, which responds, but I don't think tops OOO and the Vulgate:

Where to read the bible from Clint Schnekloth on Vimeo.

Unicorns will always win:

Bible Texts and Mediums from Jacob Erickson on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you finally got around to our Lutheran Study Bible, Clint! ;-} May I also recommend: Our Connect NRSV Bible, our Spark NRSV Bible (both for older elementary & youth) and for little kids, Spark Story Bible! While we segment these by age, you might be surprised by how many adults tell me that they love to read these two NRSV Bibles because the explanations "don't assume" what they know. And, I've even heard terrific stories of adults of all ages enjoying the Spark Story Bible! Thanks for sharing your "Which Bible Should I Get?" videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I think we need a video from you or somebody from a children's a youth perspective on bibles. We'd love to see these bibles up close and in person. I know we own a copy of every single one of those bibles, but they're all back at the house, we read them with our children. I agree, the Spark stuff is also quite readable for adults as well.

    But to really convince us, you need to convince Greg Walter to assign the Spark Bible for the Great Conversations course at St. Olaf! :)

    ReplyDelete